Trinity College offers one Performing Arts Scholarship annually for a student entering Year 7 or Year 8 with outstanding or demonstrated ability in drama, composition, music or voice. This scholarship is open to current and external students.
- Applicants must be in Year 6 or Year 7 at the time of application.
- The scholarship is open to internal and external students.
- The scholarship is awarded to a student who has outstanding performing arts ability.
- Applications must be received by Friday 27 March 2020.
- Short listed applicants will be notified well in advance to prepare an audition for and be interviewed by Trinity staff.
- Candidates may choose to audition in one or more areas;
- Drama students will be required to perform a three (3) minute monologue.
- Composition, music or voice students will be required to perform for no longer than three (3) minutes.
- The scholarship will be awarded at the discretion of the Head of Trinity College.
- No award shall be made if, in the opinion of the Head, no candidate is of sufficient merit.
If currently attending a school other than Trinity College and you have not already applied for enrolment, an Application for Enrolment form must accompany this scholarship application.
- The scholarship will entitle the successful applicant to a 50% discount on tuition fees only for six years (Years 7 to 12).
- Two scholarships are awarded per annum. One for an internal student and one for an external student.
- An annual review of the successful recipient will occur in December each year so that satisfactory progress is maintained.
- The successful applicants will receive a certificate acknowledging this achievement.
The successful applicants have an obligation to participate fully in the College’s music program and will:
- be available for solo and ensemble performances as required
- speak at a College assembly or gathering as a scholarship recipient if required
- participate in at least two school ensembles per year
- satisfactory progress in the students performing art, assessed by teacher reports, performances and external examinations
- satisfactory overall academic progress, effort and behaviour
- be photographed and acknowledged in the College publications and on the website.
Applications can be delivered to the Trinity College Foundation Office between 8.30am and 5.00pm week days, posted to PO Box 131, Gawler SA 5118 or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information telephone (08) 8523 8725.