Policies & Resources

Child Safety Policies

College Policies

Specific student behaviour policies are available on request. Please note some links included within the polices listed above reference internal guidelines applicable for staff use only and will not open to a new webpage or pdf. For further information about College policies, please contact the Central Administration Office on 8522 0666.


Each year the College produces the Family Information Handbook that has helpful information about College systems, venues, timeframes and more. Click on the image below to download a copy.

Each year families receive one copy of the annual College Calendar. Click on the image below to download a copy.

Students in Years 7 to 12 are required to provide their own notebook computer that meets the specifications set by the College. Further information can be obtained from the links below about BYOD specifications. Some financial assistance for this program is available to students who qualify for school card or can show financial need. Application for support is through your school principal.

At Trinity College, we will use our resources to connect members of our community. We pride ourselves on our dedication to diversity and inclusion across all facets of our College. This plan looks to build dignity and respect for all people. Click on the image below to download a copy.

Download the Trinity College Cultural Safety & Inclusion Enrichment Plan

Trinity College is a multi-school co-educational college of excellence, open to all in a disciplined, caring Christian environment that is situated on the lands of the Kaurna people. Our vision for reconciliation starts from our belief that we acknowledge the equality of all people, regardless of their cultural background. Click on the image below to download a copy of the 2023/2024 Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP).

2023/2024 Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)

The Australian Government provides funding to Australian schools under the Australian Education Act 2013 (AE Act). The AE Act and the associated Australian Education Regulation 2013 (the AE Regulation) require that a school authority provides the Australian Government with certain information about the school, its staff and student body to ensure the school’s funding is properly calculated and appropriately managed. This information is collected by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment (the department) on behalf of the Australian Government. Find out more here.

The Education Act 1972 requires that children of compulsory school age be enrolled at school. A condition of that enrolment is that students are required to fully participate in the education program arranged and approved by the enrolling school. Participation includes engagement and attendance as required by the program. Principals have delegated authority (from the Minister) to approve applications for temporary exemption from education program attendance for periods up to one calendar month. Applications for absence from enrolment must be made to the school principal in writing. To apply for an extended absence from school download an Application for Exemption From School Enrolment form and submit to your school's principal.

Our Insurance Risk Manager, Aon Risk Services Australia Ltd has developed a Student Protection Plan that prepares for the unexpected. The cover is for 24 hours a day/seven days a week. For full details, please refer to the Family Information Handbook.

Should the need arise to make a claim please:

Your school office will forward the forms to the Office Manager at Central Administration for lodgement with the insurer. This plan has limited cover and families should consider it in conjunction with your own health insurance requirements.

Helpful websites and services

The College recommends the following websites and services for advice that may assist members of our community.

SchoolTV is a world first, wellbeing platform featuring Dr Michael Carr-Gregg. It addresses the modern day realities faced by schools and parents who increasingly need clear, relevant and fact-based information around raising safe, happy and resilient young people. Click on the logo to visit the website.

SchoolTV logo

Beyondblue is working to reduce the impact of anxiety, depression and suicide in the community by raising awareness and understanding, empowering people to seek help and supporting recovery, management and resilience.

Telephone 1300 22 4636 or click on the logo to visit the website for further information.

Beyond Blue logo

Kids Helpline is Australia's only free, private and confidential, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged between 5 and 25.

Telephone 1800 55 1800 or click on the image to visit the website for further information.

kids help line logo

The National Youth Mental Health Foundation, provides mental and health and wellbeing support, information and services to young people.

Telephone 1800 063 267 or click on the image below to visit the website for further information.

headspace logo

Schools will issue a UV Alert when the UV Index forecast is 3 or above. This alert identifies the period when you need to be SunSmart.

For information about how to protect your skin from sun damage, click on the image below to visit the SunSmart website.

Sun Smart School logo

Saver Plus is a financial education and matched savings 10-month program that uses the combined power of goal setting, incentives and personal support to assist eligible participants. 87% of participants keep saving the same amount or more, 3 to 7 years after completing Saver Plus. Eligible participants who complete the program have their savings matched (up to $500) for education-related expenses for themselves or their children.

You may be eligible to participate if you:

  • Are 18 years or over
  • Have a child at school or attend vocational or tertiary education yourself
  • Have regular income from paid employment (you or your partner)
  • Have a current Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card
  • Are in receipt of an eligible Commonwealth social security benefit, allowance or payment. Many Centrelink payments are eligible, please contact your local Coordinator for more information.

For further information, telephone 1300 610 355.

Saver Plus logo

All babies, children and young people under 18 years are welcome to attend the School Dental Service. Dental care is FREE for most children. SA Dental Service participates in the Child Dental Benefits Schedule. A small fee may apply for children who are not eligible for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule.

Telephone 1300 008 222 or click on the image below to visit the website.

SA Dental say ahhhhhh promotion

Trinity College is a member of the Association of Independent Schools of South Australia (AISSA). AISSA has produced a handy Bushfires and Your Child’s School: A Guide for Families brochure about preparing for bushfires and managing risk. Click on the image below to download a copy.

Association of Independent Schools of South Australia (AISSA) brochure download

Many children have been affected directly by recent bushfires, either having lost their homes and properties, or through being evacuated. Other children have experienced the fires indirectly, through hearing about them, or knowing someone who has been affected. These can be distressing experiences for children. For information and guidance.

Click on the image below to download the guidelines.

Australian Psychological Society Helping Children affected by Bushfires

The South Australian Country Fire Service (CFS) serves communities through dedicated volunteers delivering professional fire and rescue services to outer metropolitan, regional and rural South Australia. The CFS is an all hazards agency responding to bushfire, building fire, road crash rescue and hazardous material spills. This bushfire season, remember to be prepared, make a plan and stay informed. Visit the CFS website for comprehensive information about how to be Bushfire Ready.