As the College celebrates 40 years of operations in 2024, the Old Scholar Lighthouse Award has been established to acknowledge and celebrate the diverse talents and achievements (both professional and personal) of our past students.
Since its humble beginnings, Trinity College has valued the contributions of all students, current and past and we continually seek to create opportunities for future generations.
The Lighthouse Award will recognise significant contributions made by old scholars in their local or global community within their field of work including entrepreneurial, business or academic achievement, in community service or for their ability to provide inspiration to current and future students.
Successful selection will be based upon combinations of the following criteria:
- The nominee is a graduate of, or received a portion of their education at Trinity College.
- They have a distinguished career and made a significant contribution to their chosen field. Evidence may include positions held; career achievements; additional qualifications; national and international awards; prizes and/or scholarships; they are recognised by peers as leaders in their particular field or community and have a sustained record of achievement over a substantial number of years.
- A demonstrated commitment to social justice and Christian ethics is evident alongside the success in their chosen field.
- Their contribution to the local, state, national or international community and/or the Trinity College community. These efforts may be recognised by prominence, accolades, awards or honours.
- The College will contact the Nominee to gain their consent.
- Self-nominations are permitted.
Shortlisted nominees will receive a complimentary ticket to the Annual Presentation Dinner, where winners will be announced and the successful recipient(s) will be presented with an engraved Trinity College Old Scholars Lighthouse Award.
For further details telephone 85238 2725 or download an application here. Applications close Wednesday 1 May 2024.