The Hayley Centenera Scholarship was established by Julian and Helen Centenera in memory of their daughter Hayley, whose life was tragically taken in December 2005. Hayley is remembered for her great vitality, infectious smile and her love for being involved in everything whether it was learning, playing or performing. The Hayley Centenera Scholarship will support a student who, without this financial support, would not have the opportunity to attend Trinity College.
This scholarship is currently filled. No applications will be accepted in 2020.
- The scholarship is for a student in either Years 6, 7, 8 or 9.
- Applicants may be an existing student of Trinity South or an external student and should be from a family that would otherwise not be able to afford tuition fees.
- The scholarship is for overall contribution. The recipient need not be an outstanding academic, but will show a strong commitment to their studies and will be able to detail achievements in areas outside the academic program.
- The successful recipient will have a high involvement in all areas and be willing to put something back into the College by way of recognition of Hayley’s contribution and character as a student and who will contribute enthusiastically to the whole life of the school.
- Families will be required to submit school reports and NAPLAN test results. The student will be required to attend an interview. Proof of family income will also be required.
- Applications may be submitted by a student or a Head of House may encourage and sponsor an application. The application must be supported by the Principal.
- Applications are at the discretion of the South School Principal and the Foundation. Recipients of such a scholarship will be required to meet certain obligations.
- The progress and contributions of the student are reported to the Centenera Family annually by the South School Principal.
If currently attending a school other than Trinity College and you have not already applied for enrolment, an Application for Enrolment form must accompany this scholarship application.
- Awarded to a student entering or currently in Years 6, 7, 8 or 9. Tenable for Years 6-10.
- 50% off tuition fees for Years 6 to 10.
- Scholarship recipients would be expected to maintain a satisfactory academic and social progress in each semester.
Applications can be delivered to the Trinity College Foundation Office between 8.30am and 5.00pm week days, posted to PO Box 131, Gawler SA 5118 or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information telephone (08) 8523 8725.