The Hayley Centenera Scholarship was established by past Trinity College parents Julian and Helen Centenera in memory of their daughter, Hayley, whose life was tragically cut short in December 2005. Hayley is remembered for her great vitality, infectious smile and her love for being involved in everything whether it was learning, playing or performing.
The Hayley Centenera Scholarship seeks to support a student who without this financial support would not have the opportunity to attend Trinity College.
- The scholarship is for a student in either Years 6, 7, 8 or 9.
- Applicants may be an existing student of Trinity South or an external student and should be from a family that would otherwise not be able to afford tuition fees.
- The scholarship is for overall contribution. The recipient need not be an outstanding academic, but will show a strong commitment to their studies and will be able to detail achievements in areas outside the academic program.
- The successful recipient will have a high involvement in all areas of school life and be willing to give back into the College by way of recognition of Hayley’s contribution and character as a student who contributed enthusiastically to the whole life of the school.
- Applicants will be required to submit school reports and NAPLAN test results as well as attend an interview. Proof of family income is also be required.
- Applications are at the discretion of the South School Principal and the Foundation. Recipients of this scholarship will be required to meet certain obligations.
- The progress and contributions of the student are reported to the Centenera Family annually by the South School Principal.
- Applications must be received by Friday 13 May 2022
- Short listed applicants will be notified and asked to meet with the Head of Trinity College for an interview.
- All applications are handled confidentially due to the sensitive nature of financial circumstances that are involved for the applicants.
- Data supporting financial need is to be supplied with the application to the Finance Director of the College.
- The scholarships will be awarded at the discretion of the Head of Trinity College.
- No award shall be made if, in the opinion of the Head, no candidate is of sufficient merit.
If currently attending a school other than Trinity College and you have not already applied for enrolment, an Application for Enrolment form must accompany this scholarship application.
- Awarded to a student entering or currently in Years 6, 7, 8 or 9. Tenable for Years 7-10.
- 50% off tuition fees for Years 7 to 10.
- Scholarship recipients would be expected to maintain a satisfactory academic and social progress in each semester.
Applications can be delivered to the Trinity College Foundation Office between 9am and 5pm week days, posted to PO Box 131, Gawler SA 5118 or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information telephone (08) 8523 8725.