Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander
This scholarship seeks to support an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student who aspires to future tertiary study and would benefit from financial support to help achieve this goal. The Trinity College Indigenous Scholarship is funded by Professor Helen Thorne and Doctor Rupert Thorne.
- Applicants must be in Year 10 or Year 11 at the time of application and be enrolled in Trinity College Senior the following year.
- Must demonstrate strong academic results.
- Must be Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
- Must demonstrate a genuine intention to undertake future tertiary study.
- Must demonstrate an extensive commitment to the College and its endeavours.
- The scholarship will consider financial circumstances in order to promote academic excellence.
- A current recipient may reapply in Year 11/12.
- Applications must be received by Friday 9 August 2019.
- Short listed applicants will be notified and may be required to attend an interview.
- All applications are handled confidentially particularly the financial circumstances that are involved for the applicants.
- Data supporting financial need is to be supplied with the application to the Finance Director of the College.
- The scholarship will be awarded at the discretion of the Head of Trinity College.
- The scholarship will entitle the successful applicant a reduction of tuition fees between 50% to 80% paid into the student’s school account.
- Only one student may hold the scholarship at any time.
- The successful applicant’s name will be engraved on a Shield that is displayed at the College and announced during Speech Day Services.
- The successful applicants will be photographed and acknowledged in the College publications and on the website.
Applications can be delivered to the Trinity College Foundation Office between 8.30am and 5.00pm week days, posted to PO Box 131, Gawler SA 5118 or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information telephone (08) 8523 8725.