ORORA and the Trinity College Foundation have combined to establish a two year scholarship to encourage and directly assist a Trinity College old scholar, currently undertaking an Engineering Degree, to complete their studies.
- This scholarship is offered annually to a student entering either their third year of a single degree or fourth year of a double degree.
- Applicants for the scholarship will be chosen on the basis of their aptitude for/application of engineering principles, leadership qualities, abilities in lateral thinking and academic achievement.
- It is recommended that applicants visit www.ororagroup.com to assist with your application.
- Applications must be received by Friday 7 August 2020.
- Applications will be reviewed initially by the Head of Trinity College Gawler, the Human Resources Manager of ORORA and the Chair of Trinity College Foundation.
- Short listed applicants will be invited to attend an interview and tour at ORORA Limited and will present to a selection panel from ORORA.
- The panel will make their selection on the basis of the application, an interview and presentation of the candidate.
- No award shall be made if, in the opinion of the selection panel, no candidate is of sufficient merit.
- A final decision will be made following this process.
- The successful applicant will be offered either part-time or vacation full-time paid employment at times to be agreed by ORORA and the awardee.
- The scholarship will entitle the successful applicant to $5,000 over two years and work experience at ORORA.
- The first instalment of $2,000 towards university fees will be paid when the student commences their third or fourth year of the program of study for the degree of Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics or Chemical Engineering.
- The second instalment of $3,000 will be paid when the student commences their fourth or fifth year.
- The successful applicants will be asked to speak at a Foundation meeting or gathering as a scholarship recipient.
- The recipient’s name will be added to the Honour Board displayed in the Senior School Common.
- The successful applicants will be photographed and acknowledged in the College publications and on the website.
Applications can be delivered to the Trinity College Foundation Office between 8.30am and 5.00pm week days, posted to PO Box 131, Gawler SA 5118 or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information telephone (08) 8523 8725.